- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Suicide Prevention Awareness month resources. CALL THE NAMI HELPLINE: 800-950-NAMIinfo@nami.org, M-F, 10 AM - 6 PM ET. FIND HELP IN A CRISIS OR TEXT "NAMI" TO 741741
- Suicide Safe is a free suicide prevention app from SAMHSA for providers integrating suicide prevention into their practice. The app is based on SAMHSA’s Suicide Assessment Five-Step Evaluation (SAFE-T) card, available here.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-TALK (8255)) is available 24/7 to provide confidential support for individuals in crisis, as well as concerned family and loved ones.
- The Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC) offers a substantial compendium of resources and trainings surrounding suicide prevention. SPRC’s Zero Suicide program offers toolkits designed to help assess an organization’s readiness and ability to impact suicide, and specific training and development strategies to provide safer prevention-informed care. Suicide Prevention Resource Center web: http://www.sprc.org • e-mail: email@example.com • phone: 877-GET-SPRC (438-7772)
- Stories of Hope and Recovery is a free video guide featuring survivors of suicide attempts who share their stories of recovery and messages of hope. Perspectives from family members are also offered.
- Heard Alliance: K-12 TOOLKIT FOR MENTAL HEALTH PROMOTION & SUICIDE PREVENTION
- Trevor Project for Youth and LGBTQ
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Text and Chat Resources Crisis Text Line – Free, 24/7, confidential Text LA to 741741 Crisis Chat (11am-11pm, daily) http://www.crisischat.org/chat Teen Line - text “TEEN” to 839863
- Crisis Text Line provides free, confidential, 24/7 support by text [text HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the U.S.] https://www.crisistextline.org/
- Smartphone Apps:
- Teen Line Youth Yellow Pages
- TAKE FIVE MINUTES to complete five action items developed by the National Council for Suicide Prevention (NCSP) for their Take 5 to Save Lives campaign: (1) learn the signs, (2) do your part, (3) practice self-care, (4) reach out, and (5) spread the word https://www.take5tosavelives.org/take-5-steps
- Save a friend: Tips for Teens to Prevent Suicide