The Milpitas Unified School District Board of Education welcomed five new hires to the #MUSDfamily, after unanimously approving recommendations for a supervisor, co-principal, and three assistant principals at the June 8 meeting. Joining our MUSD Team in leadership positions for the 2021-22 school year are:
1) MOT Transportation Supervisor Jared Acosta, who is an MUSD and Mission College alumnus with a wealth of experience in grounds/bus, custodial arts, and more;
2) Randall Elementary Co-Principal Claudia Cadenas, who brings 30 years as a bilingual teacher, including 13 years of multilingual instruction in Chile, to our World Languages Academy;
3) Burnett Elementary Assistant Principal Brandi McMillian, who is an MUSD alumna and Milpitas resident with 15 years in the district as a teacher at both Randall and Burnett;
4) Pomeroy Elementary Assistant Principal Anastasia Hrissafinas, who comes to Milpitas via New Jersey where she was a teaching lead for 5 years and a Teacher of the Year; and
5) Zanker Elementary Assistant Principal Hetal Patel, who has 15 years of teaching and admin experience at multiple grade levels, including the last three as AP at WillowGlen HS.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING:
The governing board of Milpitas Unified School District will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 28, 2022.