The MUSD Board of Education approved five more hires to the leadership team for the 2021-22 school year, including three promotions from within the MUSD family, at the June 22 meeting.
Joining our MUSD Team in leadership positions for the 2021-22 school year are:
1) Aven Magana was named to the new position of Coordinator I, Virtual Pathways K-12, after serving as the district's COVID-19 Designee and an assistant principal with Milpitas Adult Ed;
2) Mary Jude Doerpinghaus was selected to the new position of Executive Director of Inclusive Services for All Learners, after serving as MUSD's Director of Student Services and Special Education this past school year;
3) Karisa Scott was chosen to the new position of Middle College High School Principal, after working as a Cal Hills HS assistant principal and other admin positions within MUSD;
4) Jesus Chagolla joins the MUSD Team as the next Supervisor, Maintenance, Operations and Transportation (MOT), Custodial, after 21 years of custodial experience in various capacities; and
5) Sarah Davis comes to MUSD as the next Program Manager, Inclusion, after working in a myriad of roles in the special education realm, most recently as special education teacher/education specialist with Cupertino USD.
Magana, Doerpinghaus and Scott's current positions will not be filled and the changes are part of restructuring Learning and Development to better serve students and staff as we move forward beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
Comments are closed.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING:
The governing board of Milpitas Unified School District will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, June 28, 2022.