The month of January was also a busy one at Cal Hills. Notable events include:
- Their Community Celebration (pictured) where students and families were treated to a home-cooked style meal from the staff.
- Their successful mid-term WASC visit, with Cal Hills passing the inspection of the visiting committee.
- Formation of a Relay for Life team, in which two dozen students and staff plan to take part in a 24-hour relay next month to raise funds for cancer research and treatment.
- Their engineering program that continues to grow, with a second section this school year for students interested in learning engineering basics, using the nationally recognized “Project Lead the Way” curriculum.
- Their “Grad Lab” on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, where students can stay after school for tutoring in any subject and help with graduation requirements.
- Their basketball team taking 4th place in the South Bay Athletic League.