Setting up dates and arranging for substitutes is the responsibility of the Support Provider. Please note that outside substitutes must be scheduled for a minimum of a half day and BTSA funding is limited. Below are three options for class coverage for observations.
- Support Provider use of prep period to observe - No paperwork or outside approval needed.
- Outside Substitute needed - Schedule Tuesday - Thursday only: Single Support Provider traveling to multiple sites or multiple Support Providers and Participating Teachers at a single site. Please do the following:
- Coordinate observations with all Support Providers and Participating teachers on your campus to set up a half or full day sub
- Complete a P-23 for the requested time get your principal to sign it
- Send the signed P-23 to Kathy Lincoln at Rose CDC
- When the coded P-23 is returned, call for the substitute
3. Prep Period Exchange for pay - Use of a colleague on your campus willing to receive pay in exchange for giving op prep period Please do the following:
- Find a colleague willing to exchange their prep period for covering your class
- After they provide coverage, have them complete a P-20
- Get the principal's signature, then pony to Kathy Lincoln at Rose CDC
Note that this process takes a week to a week and a half, so you will need to plan ahead.
If you need further assistance, contact Kathy by Email or phone (5505)