Are you a first year teacher who would like a year to get established before completing BTSA to clear your credential? Or maybe you have been teaching for two or more years and need to clear your credential as soon as possible? MUSD offers three possible options:
1. Enroll in BTSA as a first year teacher and complete the program in your second year of teaching.
2. Delay enrollment for a year and begin Year 1 of BTSA in your second year of teaching. This option is recommended for:
- TK-3 teachers who may also need to complete Professional Academy during their first year
- TK-12 teachers who are entering 21st century model schools, or sites undergoing some other year-long school-wide training
- TK-12 teachers who want a year to focus on teaching without BTSA activities and assignments
3. Early Completion. This option is recommended for teachers who may have been in the classroom as an intern or under temporary contracts in other districts for 2 or more years without having the opportunity to complete BTSA. This option allows you to complete two years of BTSA within a year and a half of your enrollment date. Please read through the application process if you are interested in Early Completion.