HOURS & LOCATIONS
ROSE CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
2 Part Day Preschool Classes: 8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
1 Part Day Preschool Class: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
1 Full Day Preschool Class: 7:30a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
SUNNYHILLS CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
3 Part Day Preschool Classes: 8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
SCHOOL AGE SITES
Transitional Kindergarten - 5th grade class: Opens end of the school day until 6:00 p.m.
Rose Elementary (on Rose CDC campus)
Transitional Kindergarten - 5th grade class: Opens end of the school day until 5:30 p.m.
1st grade - 6th grade class: Opens end of the school day until 6:00 p.m.
Students enrolled in the school age program receive the following support services:
- Homework support - students are given between forty-five minutes and an hour to spend on homework. The staff supports students by providing a focused time frame, assisting students with questions and clarification of directions. Parents are responsible for checking student work for quality and completion. (Students who wish to spend additional time on homework may do so.)
- Reading support - 1/2 hour a day dedicated to reading outside of school is a universal requirement in MUSD elementary schools, therefore, the staff will provide time for reading and the completion of reading logs and journals as required by their classroom teacher.
- Snack - A small snack will be provided daily. The snack will follow district and state guidelines pertaining to nutrition requirements.
- Outdoor activities - After five hours a day in classrooms, it is important for students to engage in physical activity and the problem solving that outdoor play can provide. A combination of both structured and unstructured play time is an important part of our program.
- Other activities - Board games, art materials, dramatic and creative play are also available to students.
- After-school/extra-curricular activities - With parent permission, students may participate in school-based programs such as intervention or extension activities, or clubs, band and ODS. Students must check in with the School Age Program teacher before attending the school-based program. Failure to be at the assigned program, or to return to the School Age facility immediately following the program may be grounds for loss of this privilege.